Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Dataquest is an interactive, online learning platform for data science and we’re passionate about helping students go from 0 to job-ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in getting us there. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to take the lead in creating a process by which businesses and universities can connect with us to train and grow their employees and students in data science.
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for Business Development Manager with a rich background in B2B sales and account management. You should enjoy working independently to build a strong pipeline of leads. Ideally, you have a passion for creating a smooth and enjoyable onboarding process for new clients and growing your relationships to ensure client satisfaction. You should be a master communicator with experience building inbound sales demos and writing compelling and engaging client-facing content. We need someone who is innovative, you’ll be responsible for shaping our business offerings and designing pilots. And last but not least, we hire worldwide! So, no matter where you’re located, if the above sounds like you, YOU should apply!
How You’ll Contribute:
- Conducting informative and engaging sales presentations and demos.
- Prospecting for new team opportunities.
- Working with our marketing on B2B lead generation.
- Building strong relationships with new and current clients.
- Assessing new and current clients needs.
- Supporting clients through the pilot process and providing actionable feedback to our product team.
- Creating custom course bundles from our offerings based on client criteria.
- 5 years experience in a B2B sales role, account management, or client success role.
- Experience scoping new sales agreements and on-boarding new customers.
- Experience building relationships with current and potential clients.
- Experience prospecting and building a sales pipeline.
- Experience explaining technical concepts.
- Ability to work autonomously — is a self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with SaaS sales.
- Experience building inbound sales demos.
- Experience building pilots and relaying product needs to various internal teams.
- Passion for or interest in data science.
- Experience with sales or client success in the edtech space.
Why You Should Work at Dataquest:
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- Be a part of an engaged and mission-driven team.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- We’re fully remote!
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.
- Flexible PTO.
- $500 Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (for full-time US-based employees only).
- 401(k) and life insurance plan. (for full-time US-based employees only).